ARTICHOKE + SPINACH + WHITE BEAN DIP
A fun version of the artichoke + spinach dip. Though it's not as creamy as the regular dip, it's still a good take of the much loved appetizer. I used quartered artichoke hearts instead to the listed baby artichoke hearts, which made it just fine.
ADDITION: I made this dish again for Thanksgiving, and it was not good! Not sure where I went wrong, but I decided to make it again because I liked it so much the first time. This time, however, it was bland and really dry. Help!
The recipe is from Cooking Light, April 2011. 12 servings.
- 1/4 cup grated fresh pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup canola mayonnaise
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15oz) can organic white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14oz) can baby artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 (9oz) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place Romano cheese, 1/4 cup mayonnaise, 1 tsp lemon juice, salt, black pepper, red pepper, minced garlic, and white beans in a food processor, and process until smooth. Spoon into a medium bowl. Stir in the artichokes and spinach. Spoon the mixture into a 1-qt glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until bubbly and brown.