BAKED CREAMED CORN
This side dish was a hit, but it took a good amount of time in the oven, and the result was a bit off to me. I appreciated the use of fresh jalapeños, but the milky bath that the corn sits in after it was done threw me off. This was extremely easy to make, however, and I was able to use two frozen corn packages instead of the fresh corn.
Recipe is from Ree Drummond of the Food Network fame, calling it Baked Creamed Corn with Red Bell Peppers and Jalapeños. It was published in their September 2012 issue, yielding 6 servings.
- 8 ears corn, husked
- 2 red bell peppers, diced [I only used 1 red bell pepper, and it was plenty.]
- 2 jalapeños peppers, diced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 stick salted butter, cut into pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350. Slice the corn kernels from the ear in a large, deep bowl with a sharp knife. Turn the knife to the dull side and scrape the cob all the way down to remove all the bits of kernel and the creamy milk.
- Add the red bell peppers, jalapeños, heavy cream, 2 tsp salt, a generous amount of pepper and the butter and mix well. Pour into a 9x13-inch baking dish. Bake until hot and bubbly, 45 to 55 minutes.