BRUSSEL SPROUTS + BACON
A quick and awesome side dish, and what made it quick was the frozen steam-able brussel sprouts. The recipe yielded 6-8 servings.
- 2 packages of frozen brussel sprouts that are steam-able
- 1 Lemon wedge
- 4 slices of jalapeño bacon (or regular bacon or pancetta)
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450°.
2. Cook brussel sprouts according to package directions.
3. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-low heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan and reserve the drippings. Break cooked bacon into small pieces.
4. Cut the sprouts in half and put them on a rimmed baking sheet. Add reserved drippings, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper; toss to coat. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes. When ready, squeeze lemon wedge over the sprouts and sprinkle cut bacon on top.