For our cashew cooking party, our friend Brandon brought in this easy dressing recipe from his mother and grandmother. The original recipe is drizzled on broccoli and since Brandon's enemy is broccoli, he's decided to serve this on top of romaine lettuce. Either way, the salad comes out quite delicious and fun to eat.
FOR THE SALAD:
- Chopped romaine lettuce enough for 4 servings
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
FOR THE DRESSING:
[this recipe makes 2 cups of dressing. The salad portions above folds only 4 servings.]
- 7/8 cup vegetable, canola, or olive oil
- 6 tbsp cider vinegar
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp salt
- Build salad into four small bowls, combining all ingredients.
- Mix all ingredients for the dressing in a medium bowl. Serve with salad.