Parmesan + Cashew Crusted Baked Chicken Strips
Wow, the name of this dish is definitely a mouthful (I could continue on this pun, but I will just leave it.) I made these crowd-pleasing chicken strips as part of our Cashew Cooking Party and everyone seemed to enjoy it. Even though it might seem like way too many ingredients for a simple dish, it was worth the prep and the fun of making it. Also, the spicy ketchup did not disappoint, especially that it had sriracha in it. The recipe is from the fabulous duo at Cooking and Beer.
Parmesan + Cashew Crusted Baked Chicken Tenders
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch strip [I simply bought chicken tenders]
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Italian-style bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup cashews, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup sriracha
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 425 and place a wire rack on a large baking sheet. Spray it with a nonstick spray and set aside.
- Place the flour in a shallow bowl and set aside.
- Place the 2 eggs in another shallow bowl and beat. Set aside.
- Place both bread crumbs, cashews, parmesan cheese, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and black pepper in another shallow bowl. Toss the ingredients together to combine and set aside.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge the chicken in the flour, making sure to evenly coat it. Transfer it to the egg mixture and then transfer to the bread crumbs mixture, making sure to evenly coat. Press the crumbs in where you need to. Place the chicken on the prepared baking sheet.
- Once you have coated all of your chicken and place it on the baking sheet, lightly spray it with a non-stick spray. Place it in the oven and bake for 10-11 minutes on each side. When you flip the chicken, spray again with a non-stick spray.
- While your chicken is baking, prepare your spicy ketchup. In a small bowl, whisk together the ketchup, sriracha, chili powder, and garlic salt until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- Serve the chicken tenders with the spicy ketchup and eat immediately.