CHICKEN + BASIL CALZONES
The dish, from Cooking Light, was a quick weeknight meal. Nothing to rave about, but it wasn't bad, either. Anything stuffed in a calzone was usually great, and while this one did not disappoint, it was just another recipe. Makes 4 servings.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb ground chicken breast
- 3/4 cup prepared pizza sauce
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 pizza crust dough
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add garlic and chicken to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, stirring to crumble. Stir in pizza sauce and red pepper. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in basil. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Unroll dough onto baking sheet coated with cooking spray; cut dough into quarters. Pat each portion into 8x6-in rectangle. Divide chicken mixture evenly among rectangles; top each serving with 2 tbsp cheese. With each rectangle, fold dough into half over filling, pinching edges to seal. Bake at 425 for 12 minutes or until golden.