These muffins were a great take on the coffee taste, and it smelled delicious. This was definitely a great snack or breakfast for coffee lovers. The recipe was from Cooking Light, Jan/Feb 2012, making 12 muffins.
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 5 tbsp butter, melted
- 3 tbsp instant coffee granules
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 9oz all-purpose flour (about 2 cups)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Combine first 5 ingredients.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 4 ingredients (through salt) in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk. Make a well in center of flour mixture. Add milk mixture to flour mixture; stir just until moist.
- Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400 for 18 minutes or until done. Remove muffins from pan immediately; place on a wire rack.