Creamy Parmesan Chicken
The title is actually Creamy Parmesan Garlic Mushroom Chicken, in which as you can guess, is way too long. As part of our eighth cooking party as the theme being milk, I had served this dish as the main entree. It's a quick sauce, and all the ingredients are what you would normally have if you cook regularly. I hadn't served it with pasta, in which I should have, because I'd doubled it and there is so much leftover sauce.
This is a great recipe to serve for a gathering, or a large family, because you can double it and it's yummy. From Pinterest through The Recipe Critic, we've enjoyed it and will most likely make it again. Yields 4 servings.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 8oz sliced mushrooms
CREAMY PARMESAN GARLIC SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream or half and half
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- In a large skillet, add olive oil and cook the chicken on medium high heat for 3-5 minutes on each side until no longer pink in center. [The recipe didn't say anything about seasoning the chicken with salt and pepper, even though the ingredient list called for it. I seasoned the chicken breasts before adding it to the pan.] Remove chicken and set aside on a plate. Add the sliced mushrooms and cook for a few minutes until tender. Remove and set aside.
- To make the sauce: add butter and melt. Add garlic and cook until tender. Whisk in the flour until it thickens. Whisk in chicken broth, heavy cream, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, pepper, and salt. Add spinach and let simmer until it starts to thicken and spinach wilts. Add the chicken and mushrooms back to the sauce, and serve over pasta.