Microwave Cashew Brittle
Part of our cashew cooking party, our friend Brandon brought this recipe in from his family. Easy and quick to make, this brittle was sweet and fun to eat.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup white Karo syrup
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 tsp margarine or butter
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine the first three ingredients in a medium bowl. Microwave for 4 minutes, it should be amber in color.
- Add cashews and microwave for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and immediately mix in the last 3 ingredients (will foam from the baking soda.)
- Spread on a greased cookie sheet or wax paper for cooling. Allow to cool.
- Break apart and enjoy.