You'll get lots of oohs and aahs for these cookies. Most of these ingredients will already be in your pantry, so it can be a last-minute go-to for dessert. I don't quite remember where I have found this recipe, but I want to say either Taste of Home or Good Housekeeping.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 each egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp grated orange peel
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and orange peel.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in white chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Makes 4 1/2 dozen