PARMESAN TOPPED TILAPIA
A quick weeknight meal for two. There are many variations of parmesan crusted tilapia or any meaty fish, and here's simply another delicious one. 2 servings.
- 2 tilapia fillets
- 1/2 cup flour
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp seafood seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/3 cup shaved parmesan, or shredded
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- Lemon wedges, optional
- In a small bowl, combine flour, seafood seasoning, garlic powder, and oregano. Set aside.
- Rub tilapia fillets with 1 tbsp olive oil, both sides. Cover the fillets with flour mixture, both sides, shake off excess. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a large nonstick pan. Pan fry tilapia four minutes on each side. Put shaved parmesan on top of fillets, allow cheese to partially melt, 2 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges, if using.