PUDDING SUGAR COOKIES
Simply another cookie recipe, but nothing to really highlight about. These Pudding Sugar Cookies are still yummy, however, but it easily becomes another notch on the cookie recipe list. This recipe, from Taste of Home, makes a lot of cookies (7 dozen of them), and it comes out light and crispy.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pkg 3.4oz instant pudding mix
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, oil, and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, vanilla, and dry pudding mix. Combine the flour, cream of tartar, and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar (bottom of glass).
- Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.