I actually made this pasta as a side dish, eliminating the chicken. The flavors weren't as sharp as I normally liked for a creamy pasta dish, but this was easy and quick, adding in a vegetable for boys who just wanted pasta and alfredo sauce at home.
Grilled Chicken Florentine Pasta
Recipe is from Cooking Light, September 2012. 4 servings.
- 2 (6oz) bone-in chicken breasts, skinned
- 3/4 tsp salt, divided
- 3/4 tsp black pepper, divided
- Cooking spray
- 8oz uncooked linguine
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp chopped fresh garlic
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 3oz Parmesan cheese, grated (about 3/4 cup)
- 4 cups fresh spinach leaves
- Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill for 8 minutes on each side or until done. Let stand 10 minutes. Carve chicken off bones and thinly slice.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain well; keep warm.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add flour and garlic; cook until garlic is browned (about 2 minutes), stirring constantly. Add milk and broth, stirring with a whisk; bring to a simmer, and cook 2 minutes or until thickened. Add cheese, stirring until cheese melts. Add remaining 1/2 tsp salt, remaining 1/2 tsp pepper, and spinach; stir until spinach wilts. Add pasta and chicken; toss to combine.