ROASTED BROCCOLI + FETTUCINE
This side dish was created from mere leftovers and being too lazy to leave the house. We had roasted broccoli from the night before, making this vegetarian main course, or possible side dish, a quick make. You can do some prep while roasting the broccoli or boiling the pasta, so multitasking is the key if you want to make this dish ever faster.
- 5 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 heads of broccoli crowns, cut into small branches
- 1 pkg of fresh fettucine (9oz)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/3 cup Parmesan, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, optional
MAKE: (2 servings)
- Preheat oven to 425. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss cut broccoli crowns with 3 tbsp olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Roast crowns in a single layer for 14-16 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil water in a medium pot. Cook pasta in boiling water, according to package directions, with fresh pasta being 2-3 minutes, and dry pasta being 10-12 minutes.
- In a large pan, melt 2 tbsp butter, stirring in garlic slices, 1 minute. Stir in roasted broccoli and cooked pasta, stirring with tongs occasionally, 2 minutes. Put in pan Parmesan, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes (if using), stir 3 minutes.
- Divide pasta among two plates, garnish with more Parmesan.