There are so many versions of this beloved dip, and even with more layers. This one has always been the one that I go to, it's so easy to make, and when you're in a pinch for a picnic dish, this is your answer!
For the seventh layer, I usually include black olives, but sometimes I change it to jalapenos. You can, of course, include both and make it an eight-layer dip. Either way, mark this as the ultimate potluck party dish.
- 14oz can refried beans
- 16oz light sour cream
- 1.5 oz packet ranch dip mix
- 1 cup shredded mexican blend cheese
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 vine ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives or 1/3 cup sliced pickled jalapenos
- tortilla chips
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and ranch dip mix. Set aside.
- In a 9x13 dish, spread refried beans to cover the entire dish. Next, spread the guacamole on top to cover the refried beans followed up the sour cream mixture. Sprinkle the cheese, green onions, diced tomatoes, and black olives or jalapenos, or both.
- Serve with tortilla chips. 8-10 servings.