SPAM + EGG BREAKFAST SANDWICH
Quick breakfast that's sure to make you giddy about Spam. Its saltiness doesn't power the whole dish, and you can make the eggs any way you want. I was originally just going to make Spam and eggs, served alongside pancakes. Due to almost sheer laziness of not wanting to make pancakes, I made toasts instead and decided to assemble the sandwich. Out came this fun and quick morning dish.
- 8 eggs
- 1 can of Spam, sliced into 8 thin slices
- 4 slices of colby jack cheese
- 8 slices white whole wheat bread
- Toast bread. Set aside.
- In a medium sized skillet, fry Spam slices on medium heat, just until charred and heated. Set aside. In the same skillet, with two eggs at a time, make fried eggs; your choice of how hard you want the yolk to be. Once done, place 1 slice of colby jack cheese on one egg, and flip the other egg on top. Allow the cheese to melt for about 15 seconds.
- Assemble the sandwich. On top of a toast, put the egg/cheese stack, followed by 2 slices of Spam, and top with the other toast. Serve immediately.