Sweet Potato Casserole
Thanksgiving was here, and I only had to cook a few things. One of my favorite side dishes during Thanksgiving was sweet potato casserole, and I was set out to find a great recipe that was easy and traditional. From Pinterest and the site Flavor Mosaic, this recipe did not disappoint. It had everything I was looking for: traditional sweet potato casserole that I knew, and toasty marshmallows that received oohs and ahhs when I opened the oven door. I just hope I remember to make this again when it's not Thanksgiving time!
- 2.5 lbs sweet potatoes, cooked, peeled, and mashed (Peel and cube the potatoes, cook in boiling water for 15 minutes, mash in large bowl)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sweet potatoes, butter, white and brown sugars, eggs, milk, and cinnamon.
- Spread the sweet potato mixture evenly into a prepared 9x13 baking dish.
- Sprinkle the mini marshmallows evenly over the top in a single layer. (don't overload the marshmallows)
- Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or just until the marshmallows are golden brown.