TEX MEX CALZONE
- 1/2 lb ground chicken, turkey, or pork
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 2 each garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup fat-free, fire-roasted salsa verde
- 1 can 11oz refrigerated thin crust pizza dough
- 3/4 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground meat to pan, cook 3 minutes, stirring to crumble. Add onion and next 5 ingredients (through garlic) to pan; cook 4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring mixture occasionally. Remove meat mixture from heat; stir in salsa.
- Unroll dough; divide into 4 equal portions. Roll each portion into a 6x4-inch rectangle. Working with 1 rectangle at a time, spoon about 1/2 cup meat mixture on one side of dough. Top with 3 tbsp cheese; fold dough over mixture, and press edges together with a fork to seal. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Repeat procedure with remaining dough and mixture.
- Bake at 425 for 12 minutes or until browned. Served with sour cream, if using.
Yields: 4 servings. Cooking Light.