If you were to search for Tomato-Chicken Pasta, there would be hundreds of variations of this dish, and plenty of wide ranges to really enjoy such an easy and versatile meal. While we made this dish, from Cooking Light, Jan, 2003, years and years ago, it was easy to refer back for a basic pasta dish. Whatever version you would lean to, the combination of tomato, chicken, and pasta just made sense.
Yields 4 servings.
- 1 pkg 9oz fresh fettucine
- 2 tbsp sundried tomato sprinkles
- Cooking spray
- 1 lb chicken tenders, cut into pieces
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta cooks, combine water and tomato sprinkles in a small bowl, let stand 5 minutes. Drain. [I chopped up sundried tomatoes instead]
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add shallots and chicken, sauté 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; stir in wine and cream. Cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine the pasta, tomato, chicken mixture, 1/4 cup basil, cheese, and salt, tossing well to coat. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup basil and pepper.