ROASTED TOMATO + ANCHOVY OREGANATA PASTA
Bon Appetit, June 2011. 4 servings.
I enjoyed this recipe so much that I was ready to make it again the next day. This came from Gwyneth Paltrow’s cookbook, in which was discussed in Bon Appetit. This dish could be described in one word: delicious. The slow roasted tomatoes really added oomph to the dish, but it took 3 hours to do, which wasn’t bad if you have the time, but don’t skip it!
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes, divided
- 9 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup unseasoned dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- Large pinch dried oregano
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 16 anchovy fillets packed in oil, drained [1 packed can of anchovies]
- 12 oz spaghetti
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Small handful fresh basil leaves, roughly torn