WATERMELON MINT SALAD
This sounded so refreshing, combining fresh watermelon and the much beloved feta cheese. This was also the recipe in which I realized that I did not like mint. Perhaps in a mojito, but mint in anything else had become something I did not enjoy. My first recipe that I tried from the gluten-free-focused magazine Living Without did not go so well, as much as I was excited to learn about gluten free dishes. No fault to them, however, I supposed I just didn't like mint.
6 servings. Living Without, April/May 2014.
- 5 cups cubed fresh watermelon
- 8oz feta cheese, in small cubes, optional
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves, cut into thin strips
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Fresh mint leaves, for garnish
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3-4 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- In a large glass bowl, combine watermelon cubes and feta, if using, and toss gently.
- To make dressing, place lime juice, 3-4 tbsp honey (to taste) and olive oil in a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Pour dressing over melon and toss gently to coat. Add mint strips and black pepper; stir gently.
- Garnish with mint leaves and serve immediately.