This was my first time making fudge and whether or not most fudge recipes are easy as this, I was definitely happy to at least try it. For our cashew-cooking party, I came upon this recipe through Pinterest. The name itself was already intriguing, and I wanted to do a dessert that I had never done. The recipe, originally from iheartnaptime by way of Alyssa from therecipecritic, this was so much fun to eat and the sweetness definitely satisfied the sweet tooth.
- 4 ½ cups sugar
- 1 (12oz) can evaporated milk
- 2 sticks butter (1/2 cup each, no need to thaw out)
- 2 (12oz) bags White Chocolate Chips
- 7oz jar marshmallow cream
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 6oz-9oz salted cashews
- In a large bowl, combine white chocolate chips (both bags), marshmallow cream, vanilla, and 1 stick of butter. Set aside. Butter and/or out a piece of parchment paper in a 9x13 pan. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the remaining 1 stick of butter, sugar, and evaporated milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly with a wire whisk, and let it boil for 10 minutes while constantly stirring.
- Pour hot syrup over the chocolate chip mixture. Using a mixer, mix until all ingredients are fully incorporated, on medium for 4-5 minutes.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pan. Press and evenly spread the cashews on top, making sure they are secure so they won’t come off when it is flipped upside down. Place in the fridge for a few hours to set.
- When ready to cut, flip over on a parchment paper and cut them into squares. If needed, you can run the bottom of the pan under hot water to help release fudge from the pan.